Overseas Weddings

“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”

— Robert Heinlein

The idea of getting married in a romantic overseas destination is becoming extremely popular and can be a beautiful memorable celebration.

However many couples discover their marriage is not actually recognised upon returning to Australia.

This disappointment can be easily avoided. I can assist you by having your marriage legally solemnised in Australia either prior to or after your overseas celebrations. This entails a simple ceremony declaring specific terminology.

A few steps are required this includes:

The completion of the Notice of Intended Marriage this form must be completed and witnessed minimum one month prior to your selected day of marriage in Australia

  • The document lasts for 18 months so it’s a good idea to get it signed and posted to me as soon as possible (using registered post)
  • 3 forms of identification are required please click on link (Proof of ID)
  • 2 witnesses over the age of 18 years

You can elect to have a simple gathering in Australia in your own home, at lunch with close friends or a number of delightful settings.

I look after all your legal paperwork, including registering your wedding and send it into Births Deaths & Marriages after your ceremony. 

I would love to meet you, so please call, email or organise a skype meeting (claire.kuyper1) with me for a no obligation chat at my home in Kenmore. I will work with you to create a ceremony that reflects and defines the meaning of your love for each other.


Notice of Intended Marriage

Proof of ID


Below Text

All images used on this website are done so with the permission of the respective owners.